​​​​​What information should I bring to my appointment?

Click here for our Document Organizer which will help you in gathering your important tax documents.
As a rule, bring anything that is marked as Important Tax Information. Your tax professional will help you sort through everything.

How much does it cost to have my taxes done?

The price of your tax return is determined by its' complexity.  Our fees are based on the required Federal and State forms necessary to accurately complete your tax return; there will be a charge for each required form.  We are very competitively priced.  

It is very difficult to estimate cost without reviewing actual tax documents. Estimates are subject to change based on actual filing requirements:  For specific pricing information, you may bring your tax documents in to discuss with one of our tax professionals.  We are very competitively priced, in many cases you will find that our fees are significantly lower than the competition.

How long does it take to prepare my taxes?

This depends on the complexity of your return and volume. We understand that fast service and convenience are important to you, and we work very hard to meet your expectations. If you use our Drop-off service, your tax professional will call you once they are completed.  If you prefer to sit with a tax professional, he or she can give you a more specific time frame of when your taxes will be ready for your signature.

How will the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) affect me?

Under current tax law there is no longer a penalty for not having health insurance.  However if you use Obamacare to obtain your health insurance you will still need to bring in the 1095-A tax form in order to complete your taxes.  We encourage you to visit www.Healthcare.gov to see what is available to you in the form of insurance and premium assistance. You must submit your application through the Health Insurance Marketplace. According to the IRS, the approval process can take weeks. As always, you can contact our office if you have any further questions.

How long should I keep copies of my tax records? What should I keep?

A minimum of 3 years, we recommend keeping your records for 7 years.  We recommend that you keep all financial documents related to income, medical and insurance records, theft or loss, gambling records, charitable and self-employment records.

How fast can I get my refund? Do you offer electronic/fast filing?

Typically 7-21 business days.  We have several options for fast refunds – Including Free Electronic Filing with paid tax prep services.  We also offer fast refund products with no out of pocket costs to you. For a minimal fee, you can have your tax preparation fee deducted from your refund.  Call for more details. 

How can I get a copy of my prior year’s Tax Return?

If you filed your tax returns at The Old Tax House, give us a call.  We can print a copy for you to pick up in the office or we can email your tax return to you using a secure password protection system. 

Alternatively, you can request a free transcript of your tax return from the IRS using the Request for Transcript form here (4506-T Form) or you may request an actual copy of your tax return for a fee using this form (4506 Form).

Now that I’m Self-Employed, what are my filing requirements?

Self-Employed individuals may be required to make estimated payments to the Federal and State taxing authorities based on Net Income.  For more information check out our Quarterly Payments Information

Frequently Asked Questions

8810 Veterans memorial parkway
o'fallon, mo 63366
Phone: (636) 240-7706